- James I. Robertson Jr., Exacting Civil War Historian, Dies at 89, via @nytimes https://t.co/TdDmDH60xf 07:05:20 AM November 16, 2019 from NYTimes for iPad - Breaking N...
- When James Baldwin Squared Off Against William F. Buckley Jr., via @nytimes https://t.co/JLwPaoYi9L 07:03:05 AM November 16, 2019 from NYTimes for iPad - Breaking N...
- Fabulous interview with my @BigTenAcademic Leadership Fellow and colleague @UNLincoln Megan Elliott on the new Dig… https://t.co/2TSfxrRRMG 11:05:19 AM November 12, 2019 from Twitter Web App
- Renegotiating the Archive: Scholarly Practice in the Digital Age
- What is Digital Scholarship? A Typology
- Why the Digital, Why the Digital Liberal Arts? (Middlebury College, December 2014)
- The Future of Digital History, #rrchnm20
- O Say Can You See Project on Early Washington, D.C. first release: petitions for freedom
Category Archives: African American
Last night I went to Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln with my Civil War and Reconstruction class at the University of Nebraska. The theater was sold out for both showings. We actually had to sit in the very front row of the … Continue reading
On Friday two of my students in History received their Masters. I am very proud of both of them for the hard work they put into their theses and the research they conducted. Congratulations Kaci and Trevor! Kaci Nash wrote … Continue reading
The New York Times Opinionator Disunion series published my piece this morning “Been Workin’ on the Railroad.” This piece tells the story of Samuel Ballton, an enslaved railroad worker, who leaves slavery and joins the Union Army in the spring … Continue reading
This past week I had the opportunity to talk with Jerry Johnston (NET Radio) about the historic significance of the year 1862, now 150 years later. We talked about the Pacific Railroad Act, the Homestead Act, and the Morrill Land … Continue reading
I have to admit that I have been eagerly anticipating Sunday night’s premier of AMC’s “Hell on Wheels.” What could be better than the unheralded Anson Mount, one of the best Southern actors of our day, playing an ex-Confederate guerrilla … Continue reading