- James I. Robertson Jr., Exacting Civil War Historian, Dies at 89, via @nytimes https://t.co/TdDmDH60xf 07:05:20 AM November 16, 2019 from NYTimes for iPad - Breaking N...
- When James Baldwin Squared Off Against William F. Buckley Jr., via @nytimes https://t.co/JLwPaoYi9L 07:03:05 AM November 16, 2019 from NYTimes for iPad - Breaking N...
- Fabulous interview with my @BigTenAcademic Leadership Fellow and colleague @UNLincoln Megan Elliott on the new Dig… https://t.co/2TSfxrRRMG 11:05:19 AM November 12, 2019 from Twitter Web App
- Renegotiating the Archive: Scholarly Practice in the Digital Age
- What is Digital Scholarship? A Typology
- Why the Digital, Why the Digital Liberal Arts? (Middlebury College, December 2014)
- The Future of Digital History, #rrchnm20
- O Say Can You See Project on Early Washington, D.C. first release: petitions for freedom
Category Archives: U. S. South
“Brother Artists: photographers and sketch artists on the railroads in the war” William G. Thomas This talk was condensed for The New York Times Disunion Blog, “The Civil War’s ‘Brother Artists’” published November 17, 2012. What follows is the full … Continue reading
On Friday two of my students in History received their Masters. I am very proud of both of them for the hard work they put into their theses and the research they conducted. Congratulations Kaci and Trevor! Kaci Nash wrote … Continue reading
I have to admit that I have been eagerly anticipating Sunday night’s premier of AMC’s “Hell on Wheels.” What could be better than the unheralded Anson Mount, one of the best Southern actors of our day, playing an ex-Confederate guerrilla … Continue reading
This Organization of American Historians Distinguished Lecture and question and answer session was a blast. The audience and the board of the Colligan History Project could not have been more enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I thoroughly enjoyed the visit to Miami … Continue reading
The Page 99 Test site has posted a piece about my page 99 test of The Iron Way. Marshal Zeringue runs the Page 99 Test blog and asked me about this a few weeks ago when the book came out. … Continue reading