I learned last week that my recent book, The Iron Way: Railroads, the Civil War, and the Making of Modern America, was named as a 2012 Lincoln Prize Finalist. Congratulations to the award winners, William C. Harris and Elizabeth Leonard, and to the other Finalists: Amanda Foreman, Barbara Gannon, William A. Dobak. The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History has generously recognized Civil War scholarship through the Lincoln Prize, and I am looking forward to the award dinner in New York City on April 11, 2012.
- Why the Digital, Why the Digital Liberal Arts? (Middlebury College, December 2014)
- The Future of Digital History, #rrchnm20
- O Say Can You See Project on Early Washington, D.C. first release: petitions for freedom
- Fall 2014 Graduate Interdisciplinary Readings Seminar in Digital Humanities
- Reading list for graduate seminar in digital humanities (Fall 2014)