- Columbia University Press to Publish New Translations of Russian Literature: imp move to bolster Russian http://t.co/6tZaDCHQs2 07:12:14 AM June 30, 2015 from NYTimes for iPad - Breaking N...
- Episcopal Church Elects Its First Black Presiding Bishop, via @nytimes http://t.co/w2K7oyQC74 08:29:48 AM June 28, 2015 from NYTimes for iPad - Breaking N...
- The Nation’s First Planned Burial Ground, via @nytimes. @risenc always interesting Clay Risen http://t.co/lP7lgjrfqw 08:26:53 AM June 28, 2015 from NYTimes for iPad - Breaking N...
- What is Digital Scholarship? A Typology
- Why the Digital, Why the Digital Liberal Arts? (Middlebury College, December 2014)
- The Future of Digital History, #rrchnm20
- O Say Can You See Project on Early Washington, D.C. first release: petitions for freedom
- Fall 2014 Graduate Interdisciplinary Readings Seminar in Digital Humanities
Tag Archives: AMC
This past week I had the opportunity to talk with Jerry Johnston (NET Radio) about the historic significance of the year 1862, now 150 years later. We talked about the Pacific Railroad Act, the Homestead Act, and the Morrill Land … Continue reading
AMC’s premier of Hell on Wheels aired last night, and it included beautiful scenes of the Union Pacific railroad building and the Nebraska Territory. The close-up view of the steam locomotive–the behemoth–and its cowcatcher, the explosions blasting the cut through … Continue reading
I have to admit that I have been eagerly anticipating Sunday night’s premier of AMC’s “Hell on Wheels.” What could be better than the unheralded Anson Mount, one of the best Southern actors of our day, playing an ex-Confederate guerrilla … Continue reading