This essay appeared in The New York Times Sunday Review, September 8, 2013: “My Home, the House of the Dead.” I am working on another essay about the Confiscation Act and how Clarens and other properties of Fort Williams were sold by the U.S. Treasury department at the end of the Civil War.
- Unearthing Black History at the Freedom Lots https://t.co/T6hnlem5dj via @newyorker 12:27:26 PM March 23, 2019 from Twitter Web Client
- ‘Lot’ Offers a Fictional Look at a Vibrant, Polyglot American City, via @nytimes https://t.co/Nrytql1Q5Y 08:52:55 AM March 23, 2019 from NYTimes for iPad - Breaking N...
- Renegotiating the Archive: Scholarly Practice in the Digital Age
- What is Digital Scholarship? A Typology
- Why the Digital, Why the Digital Liberal Arts? (Middlebury College, December 2014)
- The Future of Digital History, #rrchnm20
- O Say Can You See Project on Early Washington, D.C. first release: petitions for freedom