This essay appeared in The New York Times Sunday Review, September 8, 2013: “My Home, the House of the Dead.” I am working on another essay about the Confiscation Act and how Clarens and other properties of Fort Williams were sold by the U.S. Treasury department at the end of the Civil War.
- Full graduate seminar on the 19th century readings this week, including @marthasjones_ Birthright Citizens https://t.co/BsGbv7C3B3 10:56:07 AM September 19, 2018 from Twitter Web Client
- A glowing review of my colleague @UNLincoln @UNLHistory David Cahan's tour de force biography of Hermann von Helmho… https://t.co/wE3vLP0DL2 10:28:07 AM September 18, 2018 from Twitter Web Client
- Renegotiating the Archive: Scholarly Practice in the Digital Age
- What is Digital Scholarship? A Typology
- Why the Digital, Why the Digital Liberal Arts? (Middlebury College, December 2014)
- The Future of Digital History, #rrchnm20
- O Say Can You See Project on Early Washington, D.C. first release: petitions for freedom