We are getting ready in Lincoln for the Center for Great Plains Studies Symposium on 1862: The Making of the Great Plains beginning on Thursday this week. On Sunday, the Lincoln Journal Star ran a series of stories on why people like trains and a review of the “Railroads and the Making of Modern America” art exhibition at the Sheldon. After the symposium I plan to post my remarks on the artists who depicted the railroads before, during, and after the Civil War. We will also publicly release our new “views” of these images, packaged galleries for comparison and analysis on the railroads site.
- What is Digital Scholarship? A Typology
- Why the Digital, Why the Digital Liberal Arts? (Middlebury College, December 2014)
- The Future of Digital History, #rrchnm20
- O Say Can You See Project on Early Washington, D.C. first release: petitions for freedom
- Fall 2014 Graduate Interdisciplinary Readings Seminar in Digital Humanities